Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Finding You: Artistic Journaling for Mental Illness

I am very excited to announce a new program of the Carolyn L. Farrell Foundation which starts Jan. 16, 2012! We are starting an artistic journaling program for people with mental illness.

Many of you know that I scrapbook, which is one of the ways I help manage my bipolar disorder. In the times when I am depressed, my scrapbook reminds me of what is good in my life and what I have to look forward to. When I feel manic or I am upset that my illness is particularly bad, my albums remind me of who I am, what I care about, and what I have accomplished.

It is so easy for our illness to take over and we end up with distorted thinking, deep depression, and self doubt. In those times we need something that can remind us of what is real in life, what is good, and something that inspires us to keep with our treatment program.

Finding You will allow you to create a journal that helps you through your hardest times. It will help you remember who you are, what you love, what you achieved, and what your treatment plan is. It is an ongoing program so you can come and go when you are available and it is accessible to people of all artistic levels. If you are interested in participating, please register today!

When: First and third Mondays of the month.
Where: West Shore Unitarian Universalist Church, 20401 Hilliard Blvd.
Time: 6:30-8:00pm
Register: katie@farrellfoundation.com

Blessings,

Rev. Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment