Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's The Simple Things

This week my husband is out of town. This always makes things much harder for me. If I have not prepared well, then I can't figure out how to get all the food cooked, get our son off to school, go to bed on time, etc... When my parents asked me how I was doing, I let them know we had very little food made in the house so Dad invited us over to dinner tonight. This was such a big help and took away a lot of the anxiety of the evening as my son and I were ensured to have a good dinner and I would not feel like a failure of a mother by giving him a random unhealthy dinner. Then later in the evening my sister called to check in on me and we talked about different random things, which helped me feel like life was normal again.

I know many family members wonder how they can help their loved one with mental illness. The illness seems so big that you need need to do something drastic in order to help them. In reality, it may be the more simple things, like dinner and a phone call, which will help the most.

Blessings,

Rev. Katie

1 comment:

  1. Sending you love, Katie. I miss being next door to you.

    ReplyDelete